Monday, June 1, 2020

June OMG

A beautiful sunny start to June.  My goal was to finish quilting Mary's boy quilts--
Aren't they lovely?  Both contain a lot of the same fabrics, but set very differently!  They ready for binding.  My OMG for June is to finish binding this Blue & White Irish Chain--

It's for DD Laura Beth who asked for a blue/white quilt, very plain, only two colors.  I'm linking with Elm Street Quilts.

I'll be back in the camper until October.  This year I am not volunteering at the Visitor Center, instead I'll be working at a campground gate booth, still with the US Army Corps of Engineers.  I am going to miss the Visitor Center, I was there for 15 seasons!   Camping season was supposed to start the middle of April, instead its June 1st. 

In preparation of working I sorted my supplies--
I'm not paranoid about Covid19, I prefer "proactive".  If spraying/wiping prevents one case, it was worth it.  I did not buy any of these special for camping/working, this is my "collection" from our house/vehicles/camper (some are partially used).  Each vehicle has a container of wipes.  This is nothing new, we ALWAYS have a container of wipes in each vehicle.  Even tractors & the combine will have one when we are using them.  

I wish you a beautiful June.  Summer is FINALLY here, I am so happy!  

Lori1R--back in Nebraska

4 comments:

Sara said...

All of those quilts are beauties!

Are you at the same location for volunteering, but just a different job? Or totally different park?

The collection of cleaning supplies made me chuckle. I still have not been able to find any disinfecting wipes, but my daughter bought me some last week. Now I just need to get to Sioux Falls to get them. :-)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I really love the quilt in the first picture. I looked at the border and said to myself, "NO". Then realized it was a stripe fabric. OK then. The blue/white Irish Chain is so striking. Simple and be great.

Which campground are you at? Cottonwood? Hope you have a great summer and enjoy your new position.

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm tending to buy a container of disenfecting cleaner wipes each week at the store. Not hoarding tho, as I really am using them daily to clean.

Patty said...

Love blue and white. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...