Monday, September 4, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

This weekend I worked on the Stoplight and Rail Fence blocks--




25 more Stoplight blocks brings the total to 90.   The plan is a 13x9 setting--so 117 blocks.  I have enough centers made already.  The rail fence added 10 more blocks--the total is 30.  If I set them on point I need 72.  Once I get enough blocks for a top I put them in a Ziploc storage bag and will assemble them on the design wall.  I can start by sewing them into pairs, but like to do final sewing plan after I see them together.  This summer I've been using my box of 2.5" strips cut from scraps and stash--its been a lifesaver!   I'm linking up with Quilting is More Fun Than Housework and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  The 2.5" box still has lots of strips in it, I could easily make another quilt or three!  

Weekly Goals--

17 Stoplight blocks
Rail Fence blocks


That's enough, its going to be a busy week.  Today the weather is beautiful--cool enough the windows are open and there is a slight breeze.  

Thursday was Sue's last day.  She has retired and we miss her.  




Everyone knows Sue HATES "smelly fish lunches" so she was gifted with canned tuna, sardines, and oysters.  I'm going to miss you Sue!! 

~Lori in Nebraska~

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Simple blocks can be so striking. I made a similar style quilt of batiks a few years ago and it was fun. Smelly fish lunches--I can relate!

Tired Teacher said...

What? Some people don't like smelly fish! I love sardines w/mustard on saltines.

I tackled my 2.5" scraps this weekend and made a small dent, but I did finish a quilt top.

sewspeciallady said...

Great job 1R - you are getting alot of blocks done!!!

Jasmine said...

Your blocks look great. How nice to be working with 2.5 inch strips already cut.

Kat Scribner said...

Guess you are making a bed size quilt with those stoplight blocks. LOL

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...