Friday, September 22, 2017

Two Finishes for Motivation Friday

The last week I've been busy binding.  Remember when I swapped strips with Teresa from TX and Lorri2Rs?  We used the pattern Apple Crisp by Evelyn Sloppy.  I made LOTS of blocks--enough for two quilts.  One I set on point--


Its 84x92 and used 15 yards of fabric.  The 2nd quilt I set the blocks straight-


This one is 70x85 and used 14 yards of fabric.  (Thank you Karla for holding these quilts for pictures). The first one I dyed a backing dark lavender, the 2nd one a soft mint green.  Both are entered in my guild's quilt show in October, and the straight set will be donated after the show. It was so much fun to swap strips and I loved every minute of making these quilts.  

Recently Stashbusters were discussing whether or not you make a quilt/pattern twice?  Some people like the challenge of a new pattern every time.  Me--I can repeat and repeat.  Its like seeing old friends!  There's no right or wrong to this--quilters are diverse people--but share the love of quilting.  

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

If I find a pattern that I like, I'll make it multiple times. Of course, I rarely keep the quilts I make, so it's not that noticeable.

Sara said...

I have patterns that are old friends as well and I've repeated them often. Yellow Brick Road is an example. So is Log Cabin, although I haven't done one of those in ages. Love that one set on point. Wow! I needed some motivation this Friday. Just haven't gotten much sewing done in the past 2 weeks.

Sandi1100 said...

Lori, your quilts are beautiful!

Katie Z. said...

Way to go! The quilts are lovely.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...