Wednesday, February 20, 2019

An Annoucement

You may have noticed a new button on my sidebar.  The one with the gecko that says Island Batik 2019 Ambassadors.  That's me!!  I am an Ambassador!  How did that happen?  Late last year I was reading blogs and came across a link to apply to become a 2019 Island Batik Ambassador.  Hmmm, sounded simple enough so I applied.  I thought I would receive maybe a book or some FQs.  And promptly forgot about it.  Fast forward to January.  Received an email saying to watch for shipment from Island Batik.  ???  Okay.  The next day a HUGE BOX was at my door.  I brought it in and checked the label.  NOT Island Batik.  But definitely my name and address.  The outside of the box said "Accuquilt".  ???  I opened the box!  OH WOW--there is a Go Cutter and accessories!  I know I didn't order it, I know my husband didn't order it!  The packing slip only has my name on it.  What to do?  I called Accuquilt.  Yes, its part of the Island Batik Ambassador program of which they are a partner!  ITS MINE!!  I'd love to show you a picture--but I was so excited I forgot to take a picture when I opened the box.  And I can't get a picture to upload from the internet.  But please click on the link to see what I got--Accuquilt

A few days later another box arrived--


I opened it--



And wonderful things began to spill out!



All kinds of wonderful things, fabrics, Aurifil thread, badges, a scarf--




All different kinds of Hobbs batting!  Thank you Hobbs!  

These are new not released yet fabrics that I can play with but not show you--yet!

So for the next 12 months you will see me posting about using these products.  Thank you Island Batik, Accuquilt, Hobbs, and Aurifil for letting me participate in this fun program!

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

PS--I was given all these wonderful things by Island Batik


13 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Wow, that is really cool! Can't wait to see what is in the surprise packages or what you might get during the rest of your ambassadorship.

Sara said...

Congratulations! That is exciting and I’m anxious to see what fun things you will make with your goodies.

Suzanne said...

That is so exciting! You are going to have such a fun fiber adventure.

Sharon said...

That's great, Lori. How did you keep it a secret for so long? What fun you are going to have with your gifts. I can't wait to see what pretty things you make.

Quilting Tangent said...

Congratulations, enjoy playing with the new goodies.

Sandi1100 said...

Congrats Lori! I look forward to see what you make. Enjoy and have fun!

Vicki in MN said...

Welcome aboard the fun ship!! This is my 4th year as Ambassador and it just keeps getting better and better every year!

Lori said...

It was hard! I had trouble with the the online paperwork for Island Batik, so couldn't announce anything until I got that done. But I have had lots of fun with the Accuquilt, I've bought extra dies and it made short work of three laundry baskets of scraps!

Cathy said...

Congrats to you!!!

beesquilts said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Panto Pam said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you make with the dies. I love using mine.

straythreads said...

Wow and congrats,! How do I sign up ?.? Just kidding my closet is full as it is can’t wait to see what you do

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I’m curious, what extra dies did you buy to cut up your scraps? Would love to see a post about it.
Valerie
valekort at yahoo dot com

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...