Saturday, February 9, 2019

RSC Yellow

Yellow!  I love yellow!  So far I've made these blocks--


Maybe more gold than yellow but I only used fabric from the never ending box of pressed FQs and Chunks.  Wait, you've never seen that box!  Here it is--




Its a big heavy box!  Two persons to carry it.  An estimated 125 FQs and Chunks.  These are the "scraps" I have left to cut.  All the smaller pieces I cut before I went to Nebraska.  I plan to cut out of this box as much as possible.  I'm linking with SoScrappy!  

Its been nasty cold.  Last night the furnace for my She Shed was sulky.  I'm not a furnace guru, so I set small electric heaters, one upstairs and one in the basement, until Ken got home from work at 7am.  I knew nothing would freeze that quickly.  He cleared a bit of snow in the outside vent pipe and its working fine again.  We're going to have warmer temps, we will get to single digits for a few days.  Then back to below zero for a couple weeks.  Will spring ever get here?? 

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Your blocks do look good. My yellow scraps range from very pale to darker gold - I just went with it. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't imagine how BIG that box of FQs and chunks must be to need TWO people to carry it!! Glad you were able to find some YELLOW/gold scraps to use for this month's RSC. May your heater keep working in your She Shed, as a quilter NEEDS to sew (without freezing!)

Julie in GA said...

Great blocks! I look forward to seeing what you make from that box of chunks.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your post is about the third one I've recently read about furnaces not working properly because of snow or ice crystals blocking either the vent pipe or air intake pipe. Spring can't get here soon enough for me either....and I was kind of looking forward to the winter months for sewing, reading and genealogy. Somehow when it gets so cold & the wind howls I don't really feel like doing anything except sit in my recliner, covered with a quilt and wasting time on the laptop.

Sharon said...

Lori, We may not always comment, but know that we are reading, and we miss when you don't have a blog post. Wishing spring comes soon for all you in those COLD states.

Katie Z. said...

Ugh, furnaces and this cold! We had the pipes to our outside unit freeze last year, but so far they have behaved this year. Unfortunately, our septic is acting up with the extra cold ground. We are above freezing today (finally).

Sara said...

Your blocks look awesome. Yellow isn't a color that I have much of in the stash. But it always looks so cheerful in quilts.

Thursday and Friday were spent in work meetings in a Sioux Falls hotel - with snow sifting into the conference room. On Friday the hotel staff kept messing with our thermostat trying to get the room warmer. Next thing the fire alarm went off and the SF fire department arrived. So I think they were having trouble with their heat units in that horrible cold and wind and snow. I couldn't even get my hotel room warm that night and went to bed with my coat on over my PJs. It was nice to get home Friday night to my nice warm house.

Ankita said...

Nice information. Thanks for sharing.I want to purchase boxes from Corrugated Box manufacturers in Mumbai

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...