Saturday, February 16, 2019

RSC Yellow

Yellow is the color for February.  I love yellow!  This week I had fun making Garlic Knot blocks--



 and these

and this one


Not all have yellow, I made them because I loved the colors!  25 Garlic Knot blocks this week, mindless sewing!  How many Garlic Knot blocks do I have--



127!  YAH!!  These went in a Ziploc bag with the note telling how many there are.  I have a project tote where I keep all the precut "parts", mostly backgrounds.  Happy Cheery Yellow!  I'm linking with SoScrappy!  

This week I also did a little cooking--


A Gumbo served over rice.  Think of a Gumbo as a Stew.  It had chicken, sausage, onions, sweet peppers, celery, garlic, a roux, beef broth, stewed tomatoes, okra, and Cajun seasoning.  I added lots of carrots because Ken likes carrots, not usually found in Gumbo.  

And a peach pie for Valentines Day.  Ken likes most any pie!
 
~Lori1R in South Dakota~

12 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I love your Garlic Knots! They are all so happy. Was the weather any better this week?

grammajudyb said...

You have inspired me to make Garlic Knots! Love seeing your pie cooling on newspaper. My grandma and mom did that, and so do I!! I use newspaper in the bottom of kitchen drawers and bedroom dressers too! Waste not, want not!

Mari said...

That's enough blocks for a couple of quilts! What size are the garlic knots? And can I get some of that peach pie? My husband does not like pie so I never get a chance to make it!

Kat said...

I love the Garlic Knot blocks. I haven’t tried this block before, but your pics are really inspiring me to give them a try!

Bonnie said...

Pease don't tell me you've made 127 garlic knots over the last 1 and a half months! If so congratulations. I look forward to seeing what other great colors you make with this pattern. It's one of my favorites. Your gumbo looks and sounds delicious also. Yummy eating at your house this week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the garlic knot blocks! They're definitely going on my "to be made" list. Your soup and pie look yummy!

Jo said...

Garlic knots are fun to make and addictive. All your colors look great.

Cathy said...

Garlic knots have been on my RSC list for 3 years, but always seem to get pushed aside. They are so darn cute, I don’t know why I haven’t started them yet! Lots of good progress this week, and your cooking and baking make my mouth water. Hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

The yellow makes your Garlic Knot blocks look so cheerful. A whole quilt of them would be perfect!

I've never eaten gumbo so don't know whether to say "yum" or not. The peach pie definitely gets a "YUM"...especially with a little ice cream on top.

Julie in GA said...

Garlic Knots was on my short list for this year too. You have inspired me to keep it near the top of the list--your blocks look fantastic!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Garlic Knots are really adding up!! I especially like the ones you made with a cheerful YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Cathy said...

Garlic Knots have been on my list for a long time. Maybe it's time to start some. And now for some reason I feel like making a pie. Yummmmm. I love pie especially with homemade pie crust and home grown fruit.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...