Monday, February 18, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Yesterday we loaded the gray child's quilt on the Princess--


I chose a new pantograph for this quilt--Clematis by Jodi Beamish--


 Its a paper pantograph that is quite tight, so I enlarged it with a copy machine, its now about 16", up from 13".  Too dense a quilt pattern is hard to do and sometimes make the quilt hard.  Now this pattern is just right.  All the backtracking is not my favorite thing but I do like how it looks. 


On my sewing machine are these block "parts"--


I also have a finish--


A quilt made by Judy B in Minnesota!  Its a wildlife quilt, there are mallard ducks and hawks in the print.  Judy also had a perfect backing--

 
The running horses is a flannel and perfect match to the front of the quilt.  I quilted it and did the binding--so my contribution was 3/4 yd of brown for the binding!  This will be going to the boys group home.  They love these quilts.  


No goals this week, just sewing like a wild woman!  

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love the new pants design. Very pretty!

Kim said...

The Clematis design is pretty. It will look lovely quilted all over the quilt. Love that horse fabric.

sewspeciallady said...

The baby quilt looks great. remember the challenge we had getting it laid out? Horses look wonderful also. Go 1R Go fast moving turtle

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...