Monday, August 7, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

I finished making the Quarter Log Cabin Blocks-


I enjoyed making them so much I made a few too many, there are 112 finished blocks.  That's okay, they can be "seed" for the next one.  Its a great pattern that uses 2.5" strips and is free.  I'm linking to Quilting is More Fun than Housework and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  I also cut the pieces for the QT Mystery called "Which Way".  QT is a Yahoo Group.  This mystery starts the 12th of August, the pattern is written by my friend Liz.  I didn't have any focus fabric for this mystery in my camper.  Lorri2Rs drove 60 miles to bring me some!  She and her mother road tripped and I met them in town.  She drove home in the pouring rain.  What a friend!  She brought me the print and a TOT yellow that is a little lighter than the one in the picture.  I paired it with a white.  My pieces are cut and ready to go!  I plan on driving to her house on the 12th to sew.  


I love the exotic tropical print.  It has shades of green, yellow, orange, and purple in it.  

Weekly Goals--

RCS blocks
Chocolates On My Pillow
Binding

I have a busy week planned, not sure how much sewing time I will have.  I'm looking forward to sewing with 2Rs on the 12th!   Do you have friends to sew with?  Is it a set time (monthly, weekly)?  

~Lori in Nebraska~

8 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see how your mystery project goes. That tropical print is fabulous! So many possibilities with it.

Good job on those quarter log cabins. They will make a beautiful scrappy quilt.

Tired Teacher said...

Good friends are precious! I love the fabrics that Lorri2Rs brought to you.

Yes, I get together with friends to sew once a month during the winter, but we have specific projects to do (a program). I'd much rather work on my own things.

Julia said...

Love you new layout, much easier to read!!

Nann said...

I like multicolor busy prints because so many other fabrics go with them. Yes, it's easy to lose track when sewing "mindless" blocks. I have six leftover circles from last week's project as evidence!

maggie fellow said...

that looks like a fun pattern - thanks for sharing

Karen's Korner said...

Love all those pretty quarter log cabin blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - those are so great - and so many!

sewspeciallady said...

Yes I sew with friends once a month at the Senior Center- Sometimes good friends come.Life happens some months and miss them terribly.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...