Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Online Ordering and a Birthday

Ordering online is so convenient.  Except for when I have problems.  Recently I ordered a memory card for my new tablet.  Look closely--




There is nothing in the package!!  Empty!  All neatly sealed.  When I contacted Amazon about this I HAVE TO MAIL BACK THE EMPTY PACKAGE!  Yes, they provide the mailing label and postage, but I sure feel strange about mailing back "nothing".  I wondered if the human who packed this order even looked at the package.  I'll be honest, the last five times I have ordered online, I have had a problem.  Not only Amazon but other websites.  I have ordered the right item, but received the wrong (or missing) items.  

This week was also Ken's birthday.  We celebrated with Nick, Laura Beth and the boys.  The grandson's helped Grandpa blow out his candles--

Laura Beth calls them the "Four Doorknobs", they were acting silly.  Nick grilled burgers and hot dogs--Ken's favorite foods!  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Have a great week!

~LORI in Nebraska~

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love the photo of the 4 doorknobs. Looks they were are enjoying the day.

I don't shop online a lot, except for Amazon and so far I've had good results. But an empty package sure suggests the packer wasn't paying attention.

Tired Teacher said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your husband.

I think you received the prototype of a new secret data card - similar to the Emperor's new clothes. 😉

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Happy Birthday to Ken! Just another year better, right?

I love online ordering since I don't like to shop. However, whoever packed my last order obviously needed new glasses. I ordered two big jars of Clear Jel & when the order came I got one jar of Clear Jel and a very similarly sized container of some sort of ALL stain remover pods....or some such thing. Of course I contacted Amazon and was given a refund, but still it's just the annoyance. The customer service person did tell me to keep the ALL. :)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...